Personal information collected and why?
Celestial Selection defines “Personal Information” as both Device Information and Order Information.
When you visit the Site, certain information is automatically collected about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what website or search terms referred you to the site, and information about how you interact with the site. We refer to this automatically collected information as “Device Information”.
Device information is collected using the following technologies:
- Cookies - These are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies and how to disable them [please visit http:/www.allaboutcookies.org]
- Log Files - These track actions occurring on the Site, collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet Service Provider, referring/exit pages and time/date stamps.
When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address and telephone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
Use of your personal information?
Celestial Selection uses the Order Information collected to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging shipping, providing you with order confirmations and product review requests). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you
- Screen orders for potential risk or fraud
- Dependent on the preferences you have agreed with us, provide you with information, newsletters or advertising relating to our products or services.
Device Information collected is used to help
Celestial Selection screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP
address) and more generally to improve and optimise our Site (for example, for
generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site
and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing Personal Information
Celestial Selection will NOT share your information with anyone else (other than as required for legal process) without explaining why it is necessary, and getting your explicit consent
Third Party links
Celestial Selection web site may contain links to other web sites and those third-party web sites may collect personal information about you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other businesses or the content of web sites that are linked to our web site. Celestialselection.co.uk encourages users to be aware when they leave the site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information.
Without cookies and analytics you generally cannot place a successful order as all of this is required.
Celestial Selection does not store, track or keep any of your payment details our payment gateways responsibility is to provide a safe secure environment to do this. This means the customer can have peace of mind when purchasing online without their payment details and personal information being compromised.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information. We will delete all customer information upon request within 30 days of you asking us to do so.
Although Celestial Selection utilises HTTPS a secure transmission protocol, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 per cent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect user's personal information, Celestial Selection cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to it or from its online products or services, and users do so at their own risk. Once Celestial Selection receives your transmission, it makes every effort to ensure its security on its systems. Ultimately, you are solely responsible for keeping your passwords and/or account information secret. You should be careful and responsible whenever you are online.
Protecting Your Personal Data
Celestial Selection is committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure Celestial Selection have put in place procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you.
Celestial Selection will contact you using the contact preference/s you have provided.
GDPR gives you the following rights:
- The right to be informed: To know how your information will be held and used (this notice)
- The right of access: To see your customer records of your personal information, so you know what is held about you and can verify it.
- The right to rectification: To tell Celestial Selection to make changes to your personal information if it is incorrect or incomplete
- The right to erasure (also called “the right to be forgotten”)
- The right to restrict processing of personal data: You have the right to request limits on how Celestial Selection uses your personal information
- The right to data portability: Under certain circumstances you can request a copy of personal information held electronically so you can reuse it in other systems
- The right to object: To be able to tell Celestial Selection you don’t want them to use certain parts of your information, or only to use it for certain purposes
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office: To be able to complain to the ICO if you feel your details are not correct, if they are not being used in a way that you have given permission for, or if they are being stored when they don’t have to be.
Full details of your rights can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please email Celestial Selection at the email address below.
If you are dissatisfied with the response you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office; their contact details are at: www.ico.org.uk
For additional information, if you have any questions please contact us by email at email@example.com or by mailing using the details below:
Grange Crescent, Childer Thornton, Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, CH66 5NA. United Kingdom